THE SUPREMACY of CHRIST

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross.
Colossians 1:15-20.
***
One of my favorite hymns is 'Fairest Lord Jesus'
(Please mute Playlist before playing video)

It is also sung as 'Beautiful Savior':

"Beautiful Savior"
by Author Unknown, 1677
Translated by Joseph A. Seiss, 1823-1904


1. Beautiful Savior,
King of Creation,
Son of God and Son of Man!
Truly I'd love Thee,
Truly I'd serve Thee,
Light of my soul, my Joy, my Crown.

2. Fair are the meadows,
Fair are the woodlands,
Robed in flowers of blooming spring;
Jesus is fairer,
Jesus is purer;
He makes our sorrowing spirit sing.

3. Fair is the sunshine,
Fair is the moonlight,
Bright the sparkling stars on high;
Jesus shines brighter,
Jesus shines purer,
Than all the angels in the sky.

4. Beautiful Savior,
Lord of the nations,
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor,
Praise, adoration,
Now and forevermore be Thine!
***
Lord Jesus, fairest Rose of Sharon, sinless Messiah, you are truly our
Beautiful Savior
and the light of my soul!

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Hey Susan, Fairest Lord Jesus is also one of my favorites. Sometimes I come over to your blog just to listen to some of the songs you have uploaded. So I'm back - again. A great post indeed. Blessings ~ Cathryn

Anonymous said...

Susan, that is a beautiful post! I love that song!
Thank you for taking the time to put together such a beautiful post!
Miriam :)