SCRIPTURE for Sunday..FATHER'S DAY

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
--Romans 8:28 (KJV)

This was a verse I heard my father quote many times.
When I think of him, I think of Romans 8:28.
I thank God for the fine example my father set for
my sister and I.
He loved serving the Lord, his church and his family.
He was a man of few words, but great integrity;
a builder of beautiful homes and horse barns.

If you're reading this, and instead of happy memories, Father's Day is a day that evokes sadness because of an earthly father who may have disappointed you, I hope you'll direct your thoughts instead, to our loving Heavenly Father. If you are a child of His, you will never be disappointed or forsaken.

MY FATHER WATCHES OVER ME
I trust in God wherever I may be,
Upon the land or on the rolling sea,
For, come what may, from day to day,
My heav'nly Father watches over me.

Chorus

I trust in God, I know He cares for me,
On mountain bleak or on the stormy sea;
Tho' billows roll, He keeps my soul,
My heav'nly Father watches over me.
words: Rev. W. C. Martin..Music: Chas. Gabriel

No comments: