MOTTO for Monday..June 23

Even a
in the

What a beautiful sight I encountered last night when I walked out onto
the back porch, just before dark! Tiny little lights blinked on and off all over the back yard. Fireflies were everywhere! It was a breathtaking sight. How do they do that? If you've ever caught one in your hand, you realize that they are just ugly little bugs.


Did you know that a normal electric light bulb only gives off 10% of its energy as light? The other 90% is wasted as heat. By comparison, however, just about 100% of a firefly's light is given off as light.


How much light are we giving off? The same God who uses little bugs to provide such an amazing light show can use each one of us to shine forth His light in a dark world, if we let Him.


You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. --Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)

No comments: