YOUTH IS A STATE OF MIND


Both of my daughters know I love the daily flip calendars of Bible verses or of quotes, and I received one of each type for Christmas. Here are a few humorous thoughts on aging from the Barbara Johnson
'I Don't Suffer From Insanity...I enjoy every minute of it' calendar:

Inside every older person
There's a younger person,
Wondering what happened.
--Ashleigh Brilliant

***

No matter how incongrously our
youthful minds fit into our aging bodies,
we can refuse to be old.
We can celebrate our youth--
no matter how many decades
we've been youthful!

***

You know you're getting old
when you yearn for those
blessed old hymns
of days gone by,

*"Go Tell it on the Mountain--
and SPEAK UP!"

*"Nobody knows the Trouble
I Have Seeing"

*"Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
(I've Forgotten Where I Parked)"
***

Thanks, Jami! I'm enjoying this calendar!

2 comments:

Susan B said...

Hi Susan,
Love the quotes! Looks like a fun calendar...enjoy! :)

Anonymous said...

Susan, some of those quotes made me laugh. I hope you and your family are doing well.
Hugs,
Miriam