BUSY, BUSY...


It’s easy to get so busy doing things for God that we don’t have time to cultivate intimacy with Him ourselves. In the Song of Solomon, the Shulamite woman says,

“They made me keeper of the vineyards,

but my own vineyard I have not kept!”


Would you stop and evaluate your schedule? If you’re not spending time with Him in prayer and the Word, maybe it’s time to make some changes.
--from Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh DeMoss.


*****

If you feel a finger pointing at you with this post, believe me, three fingers are pointing back to me! The following verses from Psalm 119 offer some very good advice for the priorities of our daily lives:

I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your Word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, O Lord;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
and consider Your ways.
I delight in Your decrees;
I will not neglect Your Word.
--Psalm 119:10-16.

3 comments:

Susan B said...

A great post Susan. I know I falter in spending time with God each day. I've been following a 30-day Bible study plan lately, and have been determined to stay with it. I usually have my study time as soon as I wake up in the morning...which is a good time for me. Thank you for the encouragement!

susansspace said...

Early morning is probably the very best time, but being the night owl that I am, my devotion time has always been in the evening. It's a wonderful way to close out the day.
I've been using J. Vernon McGee's 'Through the Bible'. There are 5 books in the set, & it takes about one year per book. I'm in the second book this year. His commentary is so interesting and direct.
Hope you're having a good week!

Abounding Treasures said...

I really appreciated this post Susan!

Trust you're enjoying the weekend -